Bird Academy under the aegis of BESTT (Bird Education Society for Travel & Tourism), is the educational arm of Bird Group.
In the last 25 years, Bird Academy has trained and nurtured more than 1,00,000 students and professionals and has given free education to countless underprivileged women who are today successfully employed and empowered.
Bird Academy is an IATA accredited Regional Training Partner (RTP), the first and only one in India. This partnership of the Academy with IATA has not only put India onto the map of the world’s strategic aviation training hubs, but also created unique opportunities for up skilling industry professionals helping them to excel in their area of expertise.
Key Accreditation & Affiliations
- An accredited institute of International Air Transport Association (IATA) since 2002
- IATA South Asia’s Top Performing Training Partner for 11 years (2009–2020)
- IATA Premier Circle Member (2010 & 2020)
- The first and the only IATA Regional Training Partner (RTP) in India
- Authorised by Delhi Tourism & Transport Development Corporation to impart training in travel automation
- Authorised by Delhi University (Campus of Open Learning) via a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to conduct short-term courses in Travel and Tourism, Airfare and Ticketing, Computerized Reservation System, and more
- The founder of the Aviation Multi Skill Development Centre (AMSDC), India’s first ever national skill development centre located at Chandigarh Airport, inaugurated in 2018. AMSDC was a joint collaboration between Bird Academy, National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), and CSR initiative of Airports Authority of India (AAI), and it has trained a total of 2700 candidates
- Partners with the IITTM (Indian Institute of Travel & Tourism Management), Ministry of Tourism, Government of India (in 2022) to train 3000 Incredible India Tourist Facilitators in soft skills